A Short Review
- Move the decimal point two places to the left.
- Remove the % symbol.
Worksheet: Level 1
Worksheet: Level 1 Sample Question
Worksheet: Level 1 Answer Key
Download Worksheet: Level 1
Worksheet: Level 2
Worksheet: Level 2 Sample Question
Worksheet: Level 2 Sample Answer
Download Worksheet: Level 2
Infosheet Advanced: Additional Information
Additional Information: Another Way to Get the Answer
Another Way to Get the Answer
Convert 3.2% to a decimal.
Another way to get the answer, using only division:
1. First off, recognize that percents can be written as a decimals. Percents are related to decimals, they can be converted back-and-forth.
2. Set up the problem:
percent ÷ 100 = decimal
This 100 comes from the fact that percents always have an invisible “divided by 100” concept with them. The % sign is actually short for “out of or divided into 100”.
3. Calculate: 3.2 ÷ 100 = 0.032
4. Take a pencil and write down 0.032 Now you`re done with the math.
5. The last step: check your work, make sure everything was copied and written correctly then determine that the correct way to write the answer is 0.032
Answer: 3.2% = 0.032